We at Wood Stove Kitchen are stewards of the environment and aim to ensure that our business acts as a force for good and mitigates our negative environmental impact to the greatest extent possible. How do we do this in practical terms?
- We use glass containers and avoid plastic wherever possible. At present we only use plastic in the tamper-evident PVC shrink bands on our products.
- We recycle as many elements of our waste as possible and work with suppliers and retailers who share this value.
- We rely on shipping cartons that are, to the greatest extent possible, made from recycled materials.
- We re-use materials where possible by, for instance, using a cardboard perforator that allows us to convert cardboard into void fill and other packing materials.
- We source ingredients from as locally as possible to minimize our carbon footprint.
- We focus on selling to retail partners located within our region.
- We support honey producers and the wellbeing of bee colonies by relying on wildflower and clover honey as major sweeteners in our products.
We can always do better, and we welcome recommendations from site visitors, customers, and partners. These can be sent to us at email@example.com.